Not so sacred

Well my sacred jewelry blog is NOT quite turning out how I expected. I had high hopes to beat out a new piece of jewelry once a week and blog about the jewelry that I made. However, the designs have not been coming in like I had hoped. So I will post up a few pieces that I had already completed until my creative artistic flow... starts flowing again.

This is Nepherite Jade and it was my birthday gift to me. Yey me. Happy Birthday. I didn't name this one. The design came to me as a surprise though. I bought the beads in Bethesda, MD and I was determined to leave the store with material that I can make a complete piece out of. I have been known for driving all the way there, which is quite a drive for me and then leaving the store with nothing. Just as I was about to leave, I gave the store ONE last look see. I saw the pendants first and I liked them. I went back to see if there was anything that would compliment the pendant and there was. The design of this piece began to form itself.

The focal piece is a ceramice pendant by an independant artist. There were literally four pieces left and they were all different. I chose this piece because as I pictured it in my head, the bead set nicely in the dip at the top of the pendant. Also the colors of the pendant matched beautifully with the jade beads. The style of this necklace is basic stringing. Nothing fancy. The green in the stone represents health, wealth, and longevity. The Chinese used jade for courage, wisdom, justice, mercy, emotional balance, stamina, love, fidelity, humility, generosity, peace, harmony. Lungs, heart, thymus, immune, kidney and blood detoxification, nervous system.

I hope to keep this blog as often as possible but should I miss a day or two visit my website to check out what is new. Not everything that is posted here is on my website and the reverse.
Visit NUBODI Escentual Jewlery
http://www.nu-bodi.com/jewelry.html

Comments

Popular Posts