A journey begins

Pretty In Pink
I started teaching metal smithing classes at The Bead Bungalow in Annapolis, MD several years ago when one of the owners asked me if I wanted to teach more classes. SURE.. I said but what?? She said well teach something holistic but having to do with beads. Hmmmm... what was I going to teach? I decided to combine my love for crystals with my passion for jewelry making and called my class... Spiritual Beading. Yey... a class was born.

The more I taught, the more Spirit spoke through me. Not only about what I was teaching but also about the designs and creations that I was making for myself and others. My dream was to make one of a kind jewelry. And in a sense that IS what I had been doing. I have never made more than one of any piece. I wasn't doing this consciously. I would find a focal piece at a show or a store but there would only be one. Not thinking that others may actually want that designed piece, I would buy it. Now I only have one to sell, which meant that I would not have one for myself. I probably should rethink that ONE of a Kind thing.

Making sacred jewelry, talismans and amulets is an art form for me. Each stone, metal and the components used, all have meaning. Purpose. The materials are carefully selected. My designs come to me in visions. I wish that I could say that I was one of those artist who gets inspired by the beach or some vacation I went on but that wouldn't be the truth. I have tons of sketches of designs but none have made it to the design table. Generally how it happens is.. I will get  a vision. I will get a vision of that piece over and over again until I make it. It's almost as if someone's spirit was saying "hey make this for me, I'll see  you wear it and I will want it now!!" It can be quite annoying when I don't have the materials to make it right away. But so rewarding when the finish product comes out better than the vision I saw. It's like I pulled the design right out of my head and on to the table. Poof...  there it is!!!Then there is the naming process. That is always fun. I've seen people name a whole collection of jewelry or name each piece. The name also has to come to me. Since each piece is an original and one of a kind, the name name usually reflects the stones, design and the vision.

My visions come from everywhere in time and space. Maybe the next design that comes through is for you.

I hope to keep this blog as often as possible but should I miss a day or two visit my website to check out what is new. Not everything that is posted here is on my website and the reverse.
NUBODI Escentual Jewlery http://www.nu-bodi.com/jewelry.html

Comments

Popular Posts